JobsThank you for your interest in working with the Geffen Playhouse, Inc., an equal opportunity employer.
Open Position Title: Assistant Technical Director
Supervisor: Technical Director
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of Production Management and Technical Director:
• Assist in the planning and coordinating of the physical production process for all productions
• Assist in supervising load-ins, technical rehearsals, and load-outs and represent the theater’s interests in the planning of crew calls, schedules, etc.
• Under the Technical Director’s supervision, assist in the organization and management of stock scenery and drapery.
• Assist the Technical Director in the technical rehearsal process in both the Audrey Skirball Kenis and Gil Cates Theaters as the representative of the technical production. Interface with the designers and director as necessary to coordinate notes and subsequent work sessions. Stagger shifts with the Technical Director to cover evening notes and morning work calls.
• Assist in the planning and coordinating the physical production process for all productions. Draft technical designs as necessary to assure quality results
• BA or equivalent
• 2-3 years experience in technical theatre
• Knowledge of all aspects of theatrical production
• The ability to utilize common sense in problem-solving techniques
• The ability to work calmly in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• The ability to lift at least 50lbs unassisted
• Working knowledge of AUTOCAD and basic Microsoft Office programs
Health, dental and vision provided. Dental and vision offered at additional cost. Parking provided.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jill Barnes, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.