Your support of the Geffen Playhouse brings the power, inspiration and beauty of live theatre arts to the most disadvantaged and disenfranchised children, youth, adults and seniors of Los Angeles County.
Join us in standing for the children and adults of Los Angeles County who have little or no access to the arts, and to the proven benefits theatre arts bring, especially to those who are disadvantaged economically, educationally, physically, or psychosocially. Join us in bringing high-quality, transformational theater arts experiences to children and adults in need.
Core beliefs that motivate our Theatre Education & Outreach work:
- Theater arts are among the greatest joys in life, to be experienced by and shared with as many people as possible, including those who do not have the means to purchase a ticket to a live professional performance.
- Theatre is a one-of-a-kind tool for learning, connecting and profoundly enriching the lives of children and adults.
- We can use theatre arts and artists to ignite positive change in Los Angeles’ most disadvantaged schools and communities.
- Theatre is a tool for accelerating the learning and achievement of Los Angeles’ most economically and educationally disadvantaged youth.
- “Exposure” to theatre (a one-off experience of a play) is not nearly enough. Lasting impact is only possible through longer-term, well-designed theatre arts experiences.
With your support, we will address these critical community needs through theatre
Please click to the right to Donate Now and to view our additional Donor Benefits,
or call 310.208.6500 ext. 128 to make your donation today.